City of London Building Inspector Josh Wilson

Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm.
501 South Main Street, London, KY 40741
Phone: (606) 864-8401

The building division is responsible for the oversight of construction, alteration, moving, demolition, repair, maintenance, and use of any building or structure within the City of London.

You should contact the Dept. of Housing, Building & Construction before beginning any new construction, addition or moving project involving a structure over 120 square feet, changing the use of an existing structure (i.e. residence to office space) or if you are affecting any load-bearing wall of an existing structure.

Examples of projects that do not require permitting:

• Vinyl siding
• Replacement windows
• Painting
• Shingles

No fax applications will be accepted.

City of London Fire Chief Carl Hacker

Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm.
911 Fire Rescue Dr., London, KY 40741
Phone: (606) 864-2922

Businesses within the City of London are to establish a Knox Box on their property, contact the Fire Department to schedule a Pre-Plan, and be in compliance with the Fire Protection Ordinance.

City of London ABC Administrator

Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm.
503 South Main Street, London, KY 40741
Phone: (606) 878-7004

In order to legally sell alcoholic beverages in London, Ky., a person or business must apply for and be issued an Alcoholic Beverage Control license through two governing agencies: The City of London’s Alcoholic Beverage Control and the Kentucky Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control.

The application must be filed with the City of London’s Beverage Control Office prior to submitting it to the Kentucky Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control.

The City of London requires you to complete the alcohol checklist(s) provided by the City of London’s alcohol beverage control located on their website.