Director of Parks & Recreation
The Cycling Capital of Kentucky
London’s landscape features some of the most scenic and challenging cycling routes you’ll find anywhere in the country. In addition, London hosts The Redbud Ride, an annual ride that brings in over 1,000 riders from over a dozen states.
Nearby Featured Attractions
- ATV Park
- Canoeing & kayaking the Rockcastle River, Laurel River Lake, Wood Creek Lake, Laurel River, Cumberland River
- Golf courses including the London Country Club and Crooked Creek
- Historic Civil War Battlefield
- Nature & Hiking trails within the Daniel Boone National Forest, Boone Trace and Wilderness Road, and Sheltowee Trace National Recreational Trail
- Lakes, rivers & parks including Laurel River Lake, Wood Creek Lake, Rockcastle River, Cumberland River, Levi Jackson Wilderness Road State Park, Cumberland Falls State Park, and Daniel Boone national Forest
- Fishing at Laurel River Lake and Wood Creek Lake
- Hunting at Cane Creek WMA and Full Draw 3-D Archery Range
- Sporting venues including the Daniel Boone Moto-Cross Park, London Dragway, Laurel County Fairgrounds, London-Laurel Optimist Complex, and Hillview Stables
- Motorcycle ride routes including the Daniel Boone National Forest Route, Route of Parks, Coal Country Route, Big Red Route, Green Monster, Bee Rock from Wildcat HD, Cleft Rock/Rockcastle River Roundabout, Mine Portal 31, Bardstown Ride, Sublimity Bridge Ride, and Red River Gorge
Shelter houses are available on a first-come-first-serve basis at no charge. No need for scheduling.
Please enjoy our City of London Parks!
Treetop Adventure at Levi Jackson State Park
Levi Jackson State Park
550 Mountain Life Museum Rd
London, KY 40744
The aerial park allows guests to travel through five trails and 60 obstacles within the treetops.
“We love Levi Jackson,” Mayor Troy Rudder said. “We are trying to see what we can do to help them maintain themselves as one of the best parks in the system. So, we’ve joined forces with the park system and we’ve built a park within a park.”
There are five trails with 12 elements, each color-coded from beginner to advanced. The park features ziplines, challenges, bridges, and more!
Climb with confidence – guests are always locked in a double harness system that keeps them connected to a safety line at all times.
Town Center Park
The Town Center Park is located in the heart of downtown London right off of Main Street. The lush green and inviting space boasts a unique performance stage area, parking, and restrooms.
London-Laurel County Wellness Park
The London-Laurel County Wellness Park is located behind the Laurel County Public Library off KY-192. Two historic coal silos adorn the property that features plenty of parking, basketball courts, a skate park, bicycle pump track, two restrooms, two small picnic shelters, two large picnic shelters, two volleyball courts, a playground, walking trail, mountain bike trail, and a splash pad.
London Rotary Park/Whitley Branch Veteran’s Park
The Centerpiece of the City
London Rotary Park is handicap accessible and open to the public. Whitley Branch park is the wooded area adjoining the London Rotary Park on Dixie Street, and will offer all three entities when construction is completed.
Whitley Branch park will be completely handicapped accessible for elderly with an entrance along south Dixie Street and limestone trails along each side of the stream running through the property, he said.
Preserving the natural history of the property is being incorporated into the plans for the park by utilizing a historic chimney for a recreation/education area.
There is a historic chimney on the property that will become a feature within a picnic shelter and classroom area. The discussion has been made with the Division of Forestry for a program for middle school students to identify the different types of plants native to the area and use that a classroom.
Walking trails will also be a prime feature of the city’s latest park project. The area will feature “just shy of a mile and quarter” of trails and four shelters. There will be a parking lot on Whitley Street and a parking lot on Dixie Street by the Rotary Park. The area will also feature a fenced-in dog park. Eventually, three bridges will span across the stream running through the property while the construction will avoid the four main sewer lines that are also located in the area.
Mill Street Park
Mill Street Park is located on Mill Street and features a splash pad, two picnic shelters, playground area, and a volleyball court.